Safe-T-Lite Lead Glass (Shatter Resistant)
Saf-T-Lite™ Radiation Protector is made up of LX-57B Lead Glass, a PCB Inter layer and Float Glass in a laminated sandwich. (This is just the glass only, complete windows are available see )
Saf-T-Lite™ Radiation Protector Glass is the only lead glass that meets the requirements of ANSI 297.1-1984 and 16 CFR 1201 Cat. II which constitutes acceptance of its safety and shatter resistant characteristics and retention of these characteristics.
Stock sizes from 8" x 10" up to 48” x 96” (call for additional sizes)
- Minimum density: 4.36 (g/cm³)
- Refractive index (Nd): 1.71
- Thermal expansion coefficient: 80 X 10-7 /°C (30- 380°)
- Knoop hardness: 370
- Top Layer: 3mm float glass.
- Middle Layer: Safety laminate
- Bottom Layer: LX-57B is a lead barium type glass of high optical grade with over 60 percent heavy metal oxide, including at least 55 percent PbO. It offers high light transmission and does not discolor due to radiation.
Thickness 11mm -13mm
Lead Equivalent (in) *1/16" *5/64"
Lead Equivalent (mmPb) 1.6 2.0
X-Ray Tube Peak (kV) 150 150
Weight (lbs/sqft) 8 9.5
*Lead equivalent is guaranteed in (mmPb). The converted fraction (in.) is less than the lead equivalent (mm Pb); fraction is approximate.